It’s important to be open to different ideas – to see what works best in your circumstances Experiment with ways of developing solutions that are culturally legitimate, as well as practically effective It’s...
- Understand Indigenous governance
- Your culture
- Assess your governance
- Build your governance
- Your people
- Systems and plans
- Conflict resolution and peacemaking
- Governance Stories
- Useful links
Check-up: Is our management effective?
You know the management of your group is strong when there is:
- a low turnover of staff
- no internal conflicts and factions among staff members
- high productivity
- effective implementation and reporting of decisions to the board
- clear understanding around the roles and responsibilities of management and staff
- effective policies, procedures, or evaluation processes to resolve these matters.
Use the following checkup to identify and analyse the biggest strengths and challenges in your management (PDF, 138 kB).
These check-ups are intended for self-directed assessment. They can be used by leaders, board directors, or group members who want to evaluate the governance and leadership of their organisation, community or nation. You can do the check-up on your own or as a group and then compare results.