It’s important to be open to different ideas – to see what works best in your circumstances Experiment with ways of developing solutions that are culturally legitimate, as well as practically effective It’s...
- Understand Indigenous governance
- Your culture
- Assess your governance
- Build your governance
- Your people
- Systems and plans
- Conflict resolution and peacemaking
- Governance Stories
- Useful links
Check-up: Our peacemaking process
Use this check-up to see what you are doing well to manage conflicts in your organisation and get ideas for how you could improve your processes.
This should not replace a thorough evaluation of your processes. It is a good starting point to give you an overall picture.
Its main purpose is to help you:
- identify problems or gaps in your policies and procedures
- identify your internal strengths
- start discussions and get people involved
- work out which areas need closer evaluation and possible change
- identify priorities.
These check-ups are intended for self-directed assessment. They can be used by leaders, board directors, or group members who want to evaluate the governance and leadership of their organisation, community or nation. You can do the check-up on your own or as a group and then compare results.